In our laboratories, we combine the technology for measuring vascular function and structure with everything necessary for the determination of metabolism.
8-channel organ bath.
Pressure Myograph 110P
Non-invasive blood pressure monitor Cibertec mod. NIPREM 645
Wire myograph 620M
“These are some of the techniques that we routinely perform in our group:
- Vascular function in organ bath and wire myograph.
- Structural analysis of arteries in pressure myograph.
- Western Blot.
- Determination of oxidative stress markers:
- Activity of antioxidant enzymes (SOD, CAT, GPx, GR).
- Markers of oxidative damage to lipids and proteins.
- Levels of endogenous antioxidants (vitamin E, GSH).
- LDL oxidation.
- Immunohistological analysis.
- Determination of mitochondrial metabolism (Seahorse)
Research Core Facilities
- Animal Facility. Read more..
- Including blood pressure monitors in rat/mouse models and temperature-controlled fridge for protocols involving activation of brown adipose tissue via cold exposure.
- Cell culture room. Read more…
- Instituto de Medicina Molecular Avanzada (IMMA). Read more…
- Proteomics Core (Olink, Luminex)
- Histology Core (Aperio Versa Scanner, DM5500 Microscope)
- Molecular Biology Core (Attune NxT cytometer, HT7900 384-well HT7900 and 96-well CFX96 Thermocyclers, XF8 Seahorse)
- Confocal Microscope Core. Read More…
- Metabolomics Lab (CEMBIO). Read more…